Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Benson's New Crib

I'd been counting down the days until I could finally take Benson home for good, so by the time that sweet day finally came, I was prepared. I had all sorts of stuff waiting for him at home, but while I was at school and on the way to my house, he had to chill out in a plastic cup. Evidently, I seem to have accidentally failed to save the picture I took of him in the cup, but fortunately, there is the power of imagination. It was clear, plasticy, cuptastic, and had water and a fish in it. It's not a picture, but you get the idea. Anyway, Benson didn't seem too thrilled to be in such a tiny space, but I knew he'd only be that much happier to be in his brand new tank!

Before I poured all of the water out of his tank, I did one last water check. Since I had just cleaned the tank, ammonia and nitrate levels were at 0 ppm. It didn't matter a whole lot since he would be in his new tank within an hour and a half or so, but I at least felt secure in the fact that he'd be traveling in a cup of clean water on the way home.

And now, for the exciting part: Benson's bouncin' new crib!



In order to give him some more space, I upgraded him to 3 gallons. His new tank features a filter, a bubbler, and an LED light that changes colors automatically. It's quite the party! He also has two live plants and a little "house" to swim through. I plan to switch out the decorations every now and then to keep things exciting for him, but for now, his current set-up is working out splendidly. I have added a thermometer into his tank as well, and I plan to get some overhead lighting to brighten up the area where his tank is. So far, Benson has had fun exploring his new home and is adjusting well, so I look forward to having more fun adventures with my bubble blowin' betta buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment