Monday, April 15, 2013

Water Issues Presentations

Though I discovered a lot of information from my own project, I learned some interesting facts from the other presentations as well. One of the presentations I really liked was the one on Highland Village pollution done by Joe, Victoria, and Megan. In addition to being humorous, their presentation made me aware of how the chemicals used to clean the bathroom drain into the water and pollute it. I enjoyed Dani and Alan's presentation as well because it was professional, concise, and easy to understand since they clearly knew what they were talking about. They provided background on dams, as well as their benefits and consequences. For example, dams provide flood control, but they also starve some organisms by holding back the debris they eat.


From the presentations, I also learned that zebra mussels are an invasive species taking over freshwater ecosystems, Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest dam, and global warming leads to rapid movement of water from the atmosphere.




No comments:

Post a Comment