Monday, April 15, 2013

My Aquarium

I ended up adopting a beautiful blue betta who I decided to name Benson.


Since Benson had been previously owned by a student from last semester, he was already living in a tank, so I ended up not having to lace him into a bottle. I had purchased some colorful gravel for him, but I liked the gravel that was in his tank already (neutral colors mixed with pale, subdued shades of green and purple) enough to keep it. I decided that I could just save the gravel I bought him for the tank I am planning to buy for him in the future.


I removed Benson from his tank and let him hang out in a clear plastic cup while I cleaned his tank. I removed the dirty water from his tank and thoroughly rinsed his gravel and his accessory (a fake plant stemming from a rock with a hole in the center for him to swim through). Then, I added clean water, dechlorinator, pondzyme, and two plants to his tank. Though the set up is pretty simple, Benson's home is perfectly suitable until I can get him something more exciting.







No comments:

Post a Comment